N. MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Olivet College men's basketball team fell to non-conference foe Manchester (Ind.) University, 99-67 tonight inside the Stauffer-Wolfe Arena in North Manchester, Indiana.
Final Score: Manchester 99, Olivet 67
Location: Stauffer-Wolfe Arena; North Manchester, Ind.
Records: Olivet 2-4 overall, Manchester 1-3 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Spartans built a double digit lead in the first four minutes and 53 seconds of the game.
- The Comets would cut the lead down to single digits at 12-5 before Manchester went on a 6-0 run to push its lead back to double figures.
- Manchester saw its lead grow to as many as 33 points, 46-13, with 2:14 left until halftime.
- Olivet used a 9-3 run to end the half to make the 49-22 at the break.
- The Spartans doubled up the Comets, 82-41, for their largest lead of the game at the 8:04 mark of the second half.
- The closest Olivet would get for the rest of the game would be 30 points in the final minute of the game.
FOR THE COMETS
- Playing in a game for the first time in more than a year, senior Kevin Woodson led the Comets in scoring with 19 points. He made five baskets, including three triples, and 6-of-6 free throws.
- Senior Eric Ewing chipped-in 16 points, including 8-of-10 shooting from the charity stripe. He also grabbed a team-leading eight rebounds.
FOR THE SPARTANS
- Four players reached double digits in the scoring column.
- Adrian Johnson led the way with 20 points.
- Chris Hill came off the bench to score 13 points and pull down a game-high 10 rebounds in 18 minutes.
- Tyler Alexander and Chase Casteel each had 11 points.
- As a team, Manchester shot 60.3 percent from the floor.
Olivet is now off until Wednesday, Dec. 14, when it hosts Madonna University at 8 p.m. As part of the game, the Comets will celebrate Olivet Youth Basketball Night.