OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's basketball team dropped an 87-65 decision to Trine (Ind.) University in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association game today at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Trine 87, Olivet 65
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 6-12 overall, 2-4 MIAA; Trine 8-9 overall, 3-3 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Thunder opened a double digit lead, 15-5, in the first four minutes and 35 seconds of the game.
- In the first half, Trine led by as many as 29 points before taking a 28-point advantage, 47-19, at halftime.
- The Comets started the second half on a 15-4 run to trim their deficit to 14 points, 51-34, with 15:55 left.
- The Thunder pushed their lead back to 25 points, 61-36, over the next two and half minutes.
- Olivet fought back and cut the gap to as few as 13 points, 65-52, at the 9:27 mark.
- The Comets did not get closer for the rest of the game.
FOR THE COMETS
- Senior Aaron Washington scored a team-leading 16 points, with four three-pointers.
- Senior Eric Ewing chipped in 12 points.
- Sophomore Thomas Tsalkitzis grabbed a team-best five rebounds.
- Junior Jordan Terry and freshman Matt Donley dished out five and four assists, respectively.
FOR THE THUNDER
- Will Dixon notched a game-high 30 points, including 11-of-12 shooting from the free throw line.
- Kyle Dodson added 16 points and seven assists.
- Adam Ciszewski contributed 11 points and seven rebounds.
- Myles Copeland also had seven rebounds.
- Olivet completes the first half of its MIAA schedule next Wednesday, Jan. 25, when Alma College visits The Cutler Event Center for a 7:30 p.m. game.