SANDUSKY, Ohio – The Olivet College men's golf team finished in sixth-place at the Battle at the Brook. Ohio Wesleyan University hosted the two-day, 36-hole tournament at the Plumbrook Country Club in Sandusky, Ohio.
Location: Plumbrook Country Club; Sandusky, Ohio
Par / Yardage: 71 / 6,344 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Olivet posted a 644 two-round score.
- The host Battling Bishops overcame a three-stroke deficit after the first round to edge Kenyon (Ohio) College by seven strokes, 585-592. Kalamazoo College was third at 614, followed by Thomas More (Ky.) College in fourth at 618 and Denison (Ohio) University in fifth at 625.
- Will Efkeman from Ohio Wesleyan earned medalist honors with a two-day total of 142 strokes.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet's top three golfers were each separated by one stroke.
- Freshman Nicholas Hoffman led the way at 158 (76-82), followed by senior Joey Richmond at 159 (77-82) and senior Tanor Blowers at 160 (81-79).
- Senior Joseph Gauck completed his two rounds in 167 strokes.
- Freshman Cameron Lemon recorded a two-day total of 176 strokes.
- Freshman Zach Dowling was an individual scorer and shot a 164.
- The Comets make the trip down I-69 Wednesday afternoon to play in the Ken Venturi Invitational at the Zollner Golf Course in Angola, Indiana.