WEST OLIVE, Mich. – The Olivet College men's golf team came in sixth-place today at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Jamboree #3, hosted by Hope College at the Wuskowhan Players Club in West Olive.
Location: Wuskowhan Players Club; West Olive, Mich.
Par / Yardage: 71 / 6,977 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets posted a 313 team score to finish nine strokes ahead of Albion College.
- Calvin College slipped past the host Flying Dutchmen for first-place by four strokes, 285-289. Trine (Ind.) University took third-place at 300, followed by Kalamazoo College, 305; and Adrian College, 309.
- Calvin's John VanNoord was the medalist with a two-under par 69.
FOR THE COMETS
- Senior Tanor Blowers led Olivet with a 72, including a one-under par 35 on the front nine.
- Freshman Zach Dowling shot a 76 (37-39).
- Freshman Nicholas Hoffman was next at 79 (38-41).
- Seniors Joseph Gauck and Joey Richmond carded identical 86s. Gauck had a 41 on the front nine and 45 on the back nine, while Richmond had a 42 on the front nine and 44 on the back nine.
- After three MIAA rounds, Calvin has a nine-stroke lead over Hope, 863-872. With a 940 total, the Comets are only one stroke behind sixth-place Albion. Third-place Kalamazoo is seven strokes ahead of fourth-place Trine and 11 strokes in front of fifth-place Adrian.
- The fourth MIAA jamboree of the 2017 season is next Monday, Oct. 2, at the Kalamazoo Country Club.