OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team came up short against Marietta (Ohio) College, 1-0, today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Marietta 1, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Marietta 3-0 overall, Olivet 1-3 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- There was no scoring in the first half.
- The Pioneers scored the only goal in the 69th minute.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet finished the game with just three shots, including two for junior David Magallon.
- Freshman Brendan Morse played all 90 minutes between the pipes, and collected seven saves.
FOR THE PIONEERS
- Andy Rolfes tallied the Marietta goal. He also recorded a team-best six shots.
- Dakota Penquite earned the win in the goal, as he turned away two shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Today's game was the first time in school history that the Comets and Pioneers have played each other on the soccer pitch.
- Olivet rests tonight and hosts University of Mich.-Dearborn tomorrow afternoon at 4 p.m. The Wolverines scored four second-half goals to stun Adrian College, 4-3, this afternoon at Docking Stadium in Adrian.