HOLLAND, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team lost 5-0 to Hope College tonight at the VanAndel Soccer Stadium in Holland.
Final Score: Hope 5, Olivet 0
Location: VanAndel Soccer Stadium; Holland, Mich.
Records: Hope 4-4 overall, 3-1 MIAA; Olivet 1-6-2 overall, 0-2-2 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Flying Dutch scored the only goal they would need in the 11th minute. Hope added two more goals to lead 3-0 at halftime.
- In the second half, the Flying Dutch scored twice in a five and one-half minute span.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet finished the game with six shots, including three for freshman Joshua Rosendale.
- Three freshmen keepers played in the game. Justin Lavin started and played the entire first half. Brendan Morse was in net for the first 30 minutes of the second half, and Zachary Leverich saw his first action of the season, playing the final 15 minutes.
FOR THE FLYING DUTCHMEN
- Jordan Hooker scored two goals, while Christian Dault, Holden Dippel and David White each had one goal.
- James Reyman tallied a pair of assists.
- White recorded a team-leading three shots.
- Stephen Wilbur and Ben Fry combined for the shutout in goal. Wilbur earned the win after playing the first 74:32.
- Olivet welcomes Albion College to the Cutler Athletic Complex next Wednesday, Sept. 27 for a 4 p.m. contest.