KALAMAZOO, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team fell to Kalamazoo College, 3-1, in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) contest tonight at Mackenzie Field in Kalamazoo.
Final Score: Kalamazoo 3, Olivet 1
Location: Mackenzie Field; Kalamazoo, Mich.
Records: Kalamazoo 5-5-1 overall, 4-3 MIAA; Olivet 1-8-3 overall, 0-4-3 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first half, the Hornets scored two goals, including the second being on a penalty kick with 11.4 seconds left before halftime.
- The Comets made the score 2-1 in the second minute of the second half when sophomore Courtney Skerritt rocketed a free kick from 22 yards out into the net at the near post.
- Kalamazoo regained the two-goal advantage with another penalty kick goal in the 50th minute.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet recorded just six shots in the game.
- Skerritt led the way with two, and four others each had one.
- Freshman Brendan Morse played all 90 minutes in net and collected three saves.
FOR THE HORNETS
- Jacob Lopez Pink scored both PK goals and registered five of the team's 16 shots.
- Thomas Bryant had Tim Jeske had four shots apiece.
- Griffin Hamel earned the win in goal, tallying one save.
Olivet hosts Adrian College Saturday for its annual Breast Cancer Awareness Game. The match is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. ET.