Mar 18, 2017
ATLANTA, Ga. – The Olivet College men's and women's track & field teams opened the outdoor portion of its 2017 schedule by participating in the two-day Emory University Invitational.
FOR THE MEN
- In Friday's events, junior Bruce Baker placed third of 32 runners in the 10,000-meter run with a school-record time of 32:30.97.
- In Friday's field events, three Comets competed in the javelin throw. Senior Blake Wilson had the best performance at 37.23 meters. Sophomore Nicholas Yeck leaped a team-best 5.84m in the long jump.
- In Saturday's running events, sophomore Brad Thomas clocked-in with a personal-best time of 16:32.97 in the 5,000-meter run. Freshman James Thurman placed seventh in the unseeded 1,500-meter run with a time of 4:48.04.
FOR THE WOMEN
- In Friday's running events, the 4x800-meter relay quartet of senior Brianna Wiles, junior Nicole Zerfas, junior Isabelle Leon and sophomore Zoe Feighner set a new school record at 10:25.88.
- Junior Abigail Gaines completed the 3,000-meter steeplechase in a personal-best time of 13:42.90.
- In Friday's field events, Feighner led a trio of Comets in the javelin with a 19.90 meter toss.
- In Saturday's events, sophomore Nicole Sebok finished fourth in the unseeded 1,500-meter run with a career-best time of 5:32.18.
- Wiles recorded a personal-best outdoor time of 2:34.25 in the 800-meter run.
- Over the two days, sophomore Kimberly Barber competed in the long jump (4.89m), 100-meter dash (13.14), 200-meter dash (27.60) and triple jump (10.43m).
- Olivet is now off until Friday-Saturday, March 31-April 1, when it competes at the Washington University-St. Louis (Mo.) Invitational.