JEKYLL ISLAND, Ga. – The Olivet College women's golf team sits in 16th-place after the second round of the Jekyll Island Women's Collegiate held at the Indian Mound Golf Course in Jekyll Island, Georgia.
Location: Indian Mound Golf Course; Jekyll Island, Ga.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,801
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After shooting a 336 in Friday's first round, the Comets carded a 342 in today's second round for a 678 total.
- New York University leads the 23-team field with a two-day total of 616 strokes.
- Patty Treevichaphan from New York U is the individual leader with a 149 (76-73)
FOR THE COMETS
- Freshman Nicole Deweyert tops Olivet with a two-round total of 161 strokes. In today's round, she had a team-best 78, with one birdie, 12 pars, four bogies and one double bogie. The birdie was on the par 5, 465-yard No. 10.
- Freshman Ashley Folleth has completed her two rounds in 165 strokes. She had birdies on both par 5s on the front nine in yesterday's round.
- Senior Laura Bacso has a two-day total of 171 strokes.
- Sophomore Hayley Cooper recorded a two-round score of 183 strokes. In today's round, she birdied the par 3, 114-yard No. 13.
- After shooting a 112 in Friday's first round, freshman Molly Morey improved by 18 strokes today with a 94 for a two-day total of 206 strokes.
TEAM SCORES (AFTER TWO ROUNDS)
1. New York Univ. 318-398=616, 2. Rhodes (Tenn.) 319-306=625, 3. Claremont Mudd Scripps (Calif.) 314-316=630, 4. Washington Univ.-St. Louis (Mo.) 316-316=632, 5. Berry (Ga.) 326-311=637, 6. DePauw (Ind.) 323-317=640, T7. Methodist (N.C.) 326-315=641, T7. Carnegie Mellon (Pa.) 319-322=641, 9. Sewanee (Tenn.) 326-320=646, 10. Illinois Wesleyan 322-325=647, T11. Washington & Lee (Va.) 322-331=653, T11. Huntington (Ala.) 325-328=653, 13. Oglethorpe (Ga.) 321-339=660, 14. Centre (Ga.) 329-332=661, 15. Piedmont (Ga.) 334-333=667, 16. OLIVET 336-341=677, 17. Bridgewater (Va.) 346-335=681, 18. Birmingham Southern (Ala.) 340-348=688, 19. Hanover (Ind.) 357-334=691, 20. Transylvania (Ky.) 347-348=695, 21. Greensboro (N.C.) 354-347=711, 22. Randolph-Macon (Va.) 354-364=718, 23. Millsaps (Ga.) 392-385=777.
- Tomorrow's third and final round has tee times, starting at 8 a.m.