JEKYLL ISLAND, Ga. – The Olivet College women's golf team finished 17th out of 23 schools at the 2017 Jekyll Island Women's Collegiate. Oglethorpe (Ga.) University hosted the three-day tournament at the Indian Mound Golf Course on Jekyll Island in Georgia.
Location: Indian Mound Golf Course; Jekyll Island, Ga.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,801
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets posted a three-round total of 1,016 strokes.
- New York University won the team title with a three-round total of 934 strokes.
- Three golfers – Samantha Haubenstock from Washington University-St. Louis, Kelly Ranson from Claremont Mudd-Scripps and Sydney Weaver from Berry – all shared medalist honors with 230s. Weaver birdied her final hole to force the three-way tie.
FOR THE COMETS
- Freshman Nicole Deweyert led Olivet with a three-round total of 241 strokes to tie for 28th-place out of 120 golfers. In today's round, she carded a team-best 80, with two birdies, 10 pars, three bogies, two double bogies and one triple bogie. The birdies were on the par 4, 327-yard No. 9 and the par 5, 440-yard No. 17.
- Today, freshman Ashley Folleth shot a 41 on both the front and back nines for an 82. She registered a three-round total of 247 strokes to share 43rd-place in the player standings.
- Senior Laura Bacso had her best round of the tournament today with an 81, including a 39 on the back nine. She finished with a three-day total of 252 strokes.
- Sophomore Hayley Cooper returned the clubhouse with a 96 for the second straight day for a three-round total of 279 strokes.
- Freshman Molly Morey completed her three rounds in 305 total strokes.
FINAL TEAM SCORES
1. New York Univ. 318-398-318=934; 2. Rhodes (Tenn.) 319-306-318=943; 3. Claremont Mudd Scripps (Calif.) 314-316-316=946; T4. Berry (Ga.) 326-311-325=962; T4. Washington Univ.-St. Louis (Mo.) 316-316-330=962; 6. Carnegie Mellon (Pa.) 319-322-322=963; 7. DePauw (Ind.) 323-317-324=964; 8. Washington & Lee (Va.) 322-331-314=967; 9. Illinois Wesleyan 322-325-323=970; 10. Methodist (N.C.) 326-315-335=976; 11. Oglethorpe (Ga.) 321-340-318=979; 12. Sewanee (Tenn.) 326-320-334=980; 13. Huntington (Ala.) 325-328-331=984; 14. Centre (Ga.) 329-332-344=1,005; 15. Bridgewater (Va.) 346-335-327=1,008; 16. Piedmont (Ga.) 334-333-345=1,012; 17. OLIVET 336-341-339=1,016; 18. Transylvania (Ky.) 347-348-335=1,030; 19. Birmingham Southern (Ala.) 340-348-356=1,044; 20. Hanover (Ind.) 357-334-364=1,055; 21. Greensboro (N.C.) 354-347-383=1,094; 22. Randolph-Macon (Va.) 354-364-376=1,095; 23. Millsaps (Ga.) 392-385-369=1,146.
- Olivet is now idle until Saturday and Sunday, April 1-2, when it participates in the Ohio Northern University Polar Bear Classic at Colonial Golfers Club in Harrod, Ohio.