ADA, Mich. – The Olivet College women's golf team took fourth-place at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Jamboree #3, played at the Golf Club at Thornapple Pointe in Ada.
Location: Golf Club at Thornapple Pointe; Grand Rapids, Mich.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,801
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets finished the day with a 345 team score, which was just five strokes behind second-place Saint Mary's (Ind.) College and two strokes behind third-place Alma College.
- Hope College was the team champion with a 330. Calvin College placed fifth at 356, followed by Trine (Ind.) University, 359; Albion College, 361; and Adrian College, 378.
- Megan Klintworth from Hope was the tournament medalist with a two-over par 74.
FOR THE COMETS
- Sophomore Nicole Deweyert had the second-lowest score of the day with a 78. She recorded two birdies and nine pars, while tying for the jamboree lead in Par 4 scoring at two-over par.
- Sophomore Ashley Folleth shared seventh-place in the player standings with an 83.
- Junior Hayley Cooper and sophomore Taylor Elley shot matching 92s.
- Freshman Crystal Lettinga completed her round in 94 strokes.
- After three rounds, the Comets continue to hold third-place in the seasonal standings with 1,016 total strokes. Hope is now in first-place by nine strokes over Saint Mary's, 993-1,002. Alma sits fourth at 1037, followed by Trine, 1066; Albion, 1082; Calvin 1091; and Adrian 1119.
- The fourth MIAA jamboree takes place Saturday at the Lenawee Country Club in Adrian.toli