ADRIAN, Mich. – The Olivet College women's golf team tied for third-place at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Jamboree #4, played at Adrian College's home course, Lenawee Country Club.
Location: Lenawee Country Club; Adrian, Mich.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,800 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Olivet posted a 348 team to tie Adrian College.
- Saint Mary's (Ind.) College was the champion with a 326, which was 20 strokes ahead of Hope College.
- Alma College was fifth at 361, followed by Albion College, 363; Calvin College, 369; and Trine (Ind.) University, 372.
- Summer Stillson was the medalist with a three-over par 75.
FOR THE COMETS
- Sophomore Nicole Deweyert carded Olivet's low score with an 80 to share third-place in the player standings.
- Sophomore Taylor Elley finished her round in 87 strokes.
- Freshman Crystal Lettinga was two strokes behind at 89.
- Junior Hayley Cooper completed her round in 92 strokes.
- Entering the final two rounds next weekend, the Comets remains in third-place in the standings with 1,364 total strokes. With its 20-stroke win today, Saint Mary's took over first-place and now leads Hope by 13 strokes, 1326-1339. Alma has a 40-stroke lead over Trine (Ind.) University for fourth-place, 1398-1438. Albion is sixth at 1445, followed by Calvin, 1460; and Adrian, 1467.
- The Comets will wrap-up their fall season next Friday and Saturday, Oct. 6-7 at the Bedford Valley Country Club for the 36-hole MIAA Fall Finale Tournament.