HILTON HEAD, S.C. – The Olivet College women's tennis team defeated Marietta (Ohio) College, 8-1, today at Carolina Place in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
Final Score: Olivet 8, Marietta 1
Location: Carolina Place; Hilton Head, S.C.
Records: Olivet 3-4 overall, Marietta 0-8 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets had no trouble in sweeping the three doubles flights, losing only four total games.
- Olivet won 5-of-6 singles flights, with the only loss coming at the No. 4 slot.
FOR THE COMETS
- In doubles, the No. 1 duo of juniors Maddy Drikakis and BreAnne Rudlaff, and the No. 3 duo of freshman Miranda Pier and senior Isabel Snyder both won an 8-1 pro-set. The No. 2 duo of sophomores Rae Claramunt and Rachael Hager claimed an 8-2 pro-set victory.
- Drikakis won in straight sets, 6-1, 6-3, at No. 1 singles.
- Snyder cruised to a 6-1, 6-0 victory at No. 2 singles.
- Pier had an easy 6-1, 6-2 win at No. 3 singles.
- Freshman Sydnie Weller posted a 7-6 (4), 6-2 victory at No. 5 singles.
- Freshman Taylor Robbins lost only three games in a 6-0, 6-3 win at No. 6 singles.
- Olivet wraps-up competition in Hilton Head tomorrow with two matches. At 10 a.m., the Comets face East Stroudsburg (Pa.) University and at 4 p.m., they play Western New England (Mass.) College.