YPSILANTI, Mich. – The Olivet College women's tennis team concluded the fall portion of its schedule with a 6-3 win over Concordia University-Ann Arbor, 6-3, today at the Chippewa Tennis Club in Ypsilanti.
Final Score: Olivet 6, Concordia 3
Location: Chippewa Tennis Club; Ypsilanti, Mich.
Records: Olivet 2-1 overall, Concordia 3-1 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets won 2-of-3 doubles flights and 4-of-6 singles matches for the 6-3 win.
FOR THE COMETS
- In doubles, the No. 1 duo of freshman Desiree Luque Paradas and senior BreAnne Rudlaff, and No. 2 duo junior Rachael Hager and sophomore Miranda Pier won matching 8-4 pro-sets.
- Paradas posted a 6-2, 6-2 win at No. 1 singles.
- Rudlaff had little trouble, winning in straight sets 6-1, 6-1 at No. 3 singles.
- At No. 5 singles, freshman Nicole Losey won the first set 6-4 before dropping the second set 7-5. She rebounded to win the match-tiebreaker, 10-4.
- Freshman Keely Cruz claimed a 6-1, 6-4 victory at No. 6 singles.
- Olivet will resume its schedule in mid-February.