PERSONAL INFORMATION RELEASE
With my participation in intercollegiate athletics, I understand that the release and/or use of certain (and otherwise protected) information contained in the educational, financial and medical records of student-athletes is often necessary to conduct the day-to-day business of the Olivet College Athletic Department. With that understanding, I agree to the following:
- Allow the Olivet Sports Information Office to release any information contained on this biographical sheet (EXCEPTION: It is department policy not to release student phone numbers, e-mail addresses or parent contact information to constituencies outside of the College without your permission.)
- Allow the Olivet Sports Information Office or other members of the Olivet College Athletic Department to submit for publication my name, essential educational records (including GPA, part of present dean’s list recognitions, discipline-specific academic honors and information on scholarships based on academic achievement), and any athletic achievements, for any awards, honors, press releases and publications.
- Allow the Olivet Sports Information Office to release official transcript, if such academic or athletic honors require it as a requirement for nomination.
- Allow the Olivet Sports Information Office to contact faculty members for the purpose of obtaining academic information for the purpose of nominating you for and publicizing academic or athletic honors.
- Allow the Olivet Sports Information Office to release basic information to media outlets concerning participation status in areas such as medical, eligibility and College or team disciplinary actions. EXAMPLES: John will not play in today’s game due to disciplinary actions regarding team rules. Sue will not participate in today’s game due to a knee injury.
- Allow the Olivet Sports Information Office to use my image (photograph) in print and electronic media and release those images for both internal and external purposes. Such images may be released to members of the print or electronic media.
By hitting submit on this form, I agree to the terms and conditions above. After you hit submit, you will asked to confirm the information is correct. You will have a chance to edit anything that is wrong, and then hit Please Confirm to confirm the information is correct. If you do need to change anything, please email Sports Information Director Geoff Henson at
[email protected] or call him at (269) 749-7602.
If you do not consent to the terms and conditions above, please still fill out the form and print it off. Please then drop off the form to Henson at his office in the basement of Dole Hall.