CHARLOTTE, Mich. – The Olivet College bowling teams hosted the 2018 Comet Classic Sunday, Nov. 4, at Char-Lanes in Charlotte. The Comet men took first-place, while the women's team placed third.
Final Result: Men-1st of 7 varsity teams; Women-3rd of 5 varsity teams
Location: Char-Lanes; Charlotte, Mich.
- The tournament consisted of four team games and four baker games.
- The Comet men posted a team score of 3,613 pins and a baker total of 2,816 pins for a team total of 6,429 pins. The total was only 19 pins more than second-place University of Michigan-Dearborn. Olivet totaled 929 in the second team game and 825 in the first baker game for the highest scores of the tournament for each type.
- The Comet women finished with a team score of 3,094 pins to go along with a baker total of 2,412 pins for a team total of 5,506 pins.
- Sophomore Tyler Kolassa made the all-tournament team with a second-place finish. He totaled 781 pins in his four games, and was just one pin shy of tying the individual champion. Kolassa's high game, 245, was also the best score by any bowler in the tournament.
- Freshman Sean Young was ninth with 721 total pins, including a high game of 212 pins.
- Sophomore Daniel Rutter finished 10th with 707 pins. His high game was a 203.
- Freshman McKenize Martin landed on the all-tournament team with a third-place finish, totaling 658 pins. Her best game was a 189.
- Freshman Paige Winberg totaled 629 pins to place sixth. She was the only women's bowler to roll a score higher than 200, as she had a 222 in the second game.
- Junior Brianna Curtis was seventh with a 620 total. She posted the third-best high game at 190.