LINCOLN. Neb.– The Olivet College men's basketball team fell to Greenville (Ill.) University, 136-127, in its first game at the Snyder Invitational, hosted by Nebraska Wesleyan University and played at Snyder Arena in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Final Score: Greenville 136, Olivet 127
Location: Snyder Arena; Lincoln, Neb.
Records: Greenville 2-3 overall, Olivet 1-2 overall
- In the first half, the Panthers built an 18-point lead, 27-9, at the 13:18 mark. The Comets fought back to trim their deficit in half on three occasions. After the last time at 46-37, Greenville went on a 19-9 to take its largest lead of the half, 67-49. Olivet put eight of the final 11 points on the scoreboard to trail by 13 points, 70-53, at the break.
- In the first seven minutes of the second half, the Comets closed the gap to six points, 83-77. The Panthers pushed their advantage back to double digits before Olivet responded by getting the deficit back to six points, 99-93 at the 9:22 mark. Greenville extended its lead to 13 points, 110-97, with 8:08 remaining in the game. The Comets battled back to make it a four-point game, 129-125, with 2:05 left. The Panthers ended the game on a 7-2 run.
- Senior Tracy Edmond and junior Trevor Manuel each posted a double-double. Edmond scored 31 points and dished out 11 assists. Manuel also scored 31 points and grabbed 20 rebounds.
- Seniors John McAdoo, Dee Roberts and Diangelo Carlton joined them in double figures with 15, 14 and 12 points, respectively.
- Greenville had eight players reach double figures in the scoring column.
- Eric Williams came off the bench to score 20 points.
- Kieshaun Young-Jones was next with 18 points.
- The rest of the double digit scorers were Anthony Zataray (16), Swade Edwards (15), Johari Dix (15), Isiah Price (14), Adam Warren (12) and Rakim Murphy (11).
- Young-Jones pulled down a team-leading seven rebounds.
- Olivet's 127 points ties for the fourth-most points scored in a game in school history. The 263 combined points shatters the previous record of 237 set in a 119-118 win over Oakland University on Feb. 10, 1971.
- The Comets also smashed the single-game record for assists with 34. The old record was 24 on two occasions, with the last time being Nov. 20, 2012, against Union (Ky.) College.
- The other single-game record broken was field goals attempted with 90. The previous mark was 85 vs. Illinois Tech on Dec. 11, 2013.
- Manuel's 20 rebounds breaks the individual single-game record.
- The Comets play the host Prairie Wolves in their second game of the Snyder Invitational tomorrow evening, starting at 5 p.m. ET.