LINCOLN, Neb. – The Olivet College men's basketball team dropped a 100-70 decision to the host Prairie Wolves in its second game of the Nebraska Wesleyan University Snyder Invitational. The Prairie Wolves are the defending NCAA Division III champion and ranked No. 1 in the preseason D3hoops.com Top 25.
Final Score: Nebraska Wesleyan 100, Olivet 70
Location: Snyder Arena; Lincoln, Neb.
Records: Nebraska Wesleyan 6-0, Olivet 1-3
- Neither team led by more than three points in the first four minutes of the game. NWU took the largest lead for either team at 16-10. The Comets cut their deficit in half, 21-18, with 12 minutes remaining in the opening half. The Prairie Wolves eventually stretched their lead to 15 points twice, with the last time being 53-38 at halftime.
- NWU outscored Olivet 47-32 in the second half for the 30-point win.
- Junior Trevor Manuel posted team-highs in points (16) and rebounds (six) to earn a spot on the all-tournament team.
- Senior Dee Roberts came off the bench to score 14 points, with four baskets from behind the three-point arc.
- Senior Tracy Edmond joined them in double figures with 11 points and also grabbed six rebounds.
- Senior John McAdoo dished out five assists.
- Nate Schimonitz led all players with 28 points on 10-of-10 shooting, including seven three-pointers.
- Cooper Cook and Jack Hiller scored 19 and 16 points, respectively.
- Ryan Garver had a double-double with 11 points and 10 assists.
- Hiller and Nate Bahe each had five rebounds.
- The Comets travel to Kenosha, Wis., next Wednesday, Nov. 28, to play Carthage College. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. EST