OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's basketball team wrapped-up the regular season portion of its Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) schedule with an 85-71 win over Calvin College tonight at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 85, Calvin 71
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Calvin 13-12 overall, 8-6 MIAA; Olivet 12-13 overall, 8-6 MIAA
- The Comets scored the first six points in the game. The Knights scored the next five points. Calvin did not get any closer for the rest of the game. Olivet extended its advantage to as many as 16 points three times. After the last time at 39-23, at the 5:25 mark, the Knights went on 15-6 to trim their deficit down to seven points, 45-38, at halftime.
- The closest Calvin would get in the second half was six points on four occasions in the second half. The final time was 65-59 with 8:59 remaining in the game.
- For the game, Olivet shot 55.9 percent (33-of-59) from the floor, including 60.0 percent (18-of-30) in the first half. The Comets made 12-of-13 free throws (92.3 percent).
- Senior Tracy Edmond finished the game with 24 points, six rebounds, eight assists and four steals.
- Senior Colin Jones and junior Trevor Manuel each scored 22 points.
- Manuel grabbed a team-best eight rebounds.
- Calvin had a 43.1 field goal percentage (28-of-65).
- Carlos Amoros scored a team-leading 22 points.
- Austin Bykerk chipped-in 14 points.
- Derrick Devries led all players with 14 rebounds, including five off the offensive glass.
- The Comets have gained a share of third-place with Calvin and Hope College in the MIAA regular season standings. Olivet owns the tiebreakers, and will be the No. 3 seed in the 2019 MIAA Tournament and host Alma No. 6 Alma College Wednesday night in the first round. Tip-off is at 7 p.m.