OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's volleyball team fell to Adrian College in three sets this evening in a Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League (MCVL) match at The Cutler Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Adrian def. Olivet 25-23, 25-16, 25-16
Location: Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Adrian 2-4 overall, 2-4 MCVL; Olivet 1-4 overall, 0-3 MCVL
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first set, Adrian built a pair of three-point leads, 3-0 and 7-4. Olivet fought back and leveled the score seven times, with the last time being 14-14. The Comets then took their first lead of the set, 16-14. The Bulldogs scored four straight points to go ahead 18-16. Olivet closed the gap to a single point, 18-17, before Adrian went on a 6-3 run for a 24-20 lead. The Comets scored three straight points to make the score 24-23 until a Bulldog kill ended the set.
- In the second set, Adrian turned a 4-3 deficit into an 11-4 lead courtesy of an 8-0 scoring spurt. Olivet was never able to recover from the deficit.
- In the third set, the Comets held a 7-6 lead. The Bulldogs answered with a 6-1 run to go up 12-8. Olivet cut its deficit down to a single point, 12-11, but Adrian ended the set on a 13-5 run.
FOR THE COMETS
- Freshmen Andrew McCormick and Trent Robinson each slammed down eight kills. McCormick posted a team-best .400 attack percentage, as he had two errors on 15 attempts.
- Freshman Mathew Caamal dished out 16 set assists.
- Freshman Brock Pringle recorded a team-best eight digs.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Noah Marcinkowski had a team-best 12 kills, followed by Eduardo Aleman with 11.
- Joseph Campana registered 31 set assists.
- Daniel Contreras finished with 11 digs.
- Olivet hosts Benedictine (Ill.) University Friday night at 7 p.m. and Mount St. Joseph (Ohio) University Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m.