OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's volleyball team lost in four sets to Adrian College in a non-conference match tonight at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet. After the Bulldogs won the first set, the Comets dominated set two. Adrian won the next to claim its first win of the season.
Final Score: Adrian def. Olivet 25-22, 12-25, 26-24, 25-22
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 3-1 overall, Adrian 0-4 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first set, the Bulldogs led by as many as six points, 18-12. Following a timeout, the Comets scored four straight points to make the score 18-16. Adrian continued to hold the lead at 21-17. Olivet then used four consecutive kills, including three by sophomore Brock Pringle, to even the score at 21-21. The Bulldogs responded with a 3-0 run and hung on for a 25-22 win.
- The Comets' only deficit in the second set was 1-0. Olivet had three straight kills and never trailed for the rest of the set. For the set, the Comets had an outstanding .696 attack percentage, with 18 kills and two errors on 23 attempts.
- The Bulldogs held the lead for the majority of the third set. Adrian led 24-22 before Olivet scored the next two points tied the set. A kill and service ace ended the set in the Bulldogs' favor.
- In the fourth set, Adrian had a 9-7 advantage. The Comets responded by putting the next five points on the scoreboard to take a 12-9 lead. The Bulldogs fought back to tie the set on three occasions, with the last time being 15-15. Olivet then scored six of the next nine points to go ahead 21-18. Adrian answered with a 4-0 run to re-gain the lead, 22-21. Olivet tied the set before the Bulldogs took advantage of three Comet errors to win the set.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet had 14 more kills than the Bulldogs, 59-46. The difference in the match was the Comets had 24 attack errors compared to 18 for Adrian.
- Brock Pringle posted a team-leading 14 kills and 16 digs.
- Sophomore Trent Robinson and senior Rhett Pringle each had 12 kills.
- Making his first collegiate start, freshman Dan Hayes slammed down 10 kills.
- Sophomore Logan Blough recorded eight kills to go along with a team-high .462 attack percentage.
- Sophomore Aaron Giorgi dished out 50 set assists.
- Freshman libero Tanner Gardenour had 14 digs.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Noah Marcinowski registered a match-high 15 kills.
- Kevin Curley added nine kills.
- Joseph Campana collected 40 set assists.
- Kyle Bell notched 17 digs.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Tonight's match was the first of three meetings against the Bulldogs this season. The official Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League match will take place Friday, April 6, at Adrian's Merillat Sport & Fitness Center.
- Olivet rests tonight and hosts Calumet College of St. Joseph (Ind.) tomorrow afternoon at 1 p.m.