OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team fell to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) co-leader Hope College, 75-35, on Senior Night at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet. The Flying Dutch entered the game ranked No. 11 in this week's D3hoops.com Top 25 poll.
Final Score: Hope 75, Olivet 35
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Hope 21-2 overall, 13-1 MIAA; Olivet 1-21 overall, 1-13 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Flying Dutch led 19-6 after one quarter and 39-12 at halftime.
- Hope extended its lead to 61-20 through three quarters.
- The Comets outscored the Flying Dutch, 15-14, in the fourth quarter.
FOR THE COMETS
- Playing her final home game, senior Katie McKinnon scored a team-best six points.
- She and senior Kali Hancock each pulled down six rebounds.
FOR THE FLYING DUTCH
- Victoria Smith made 6-of-9 baskets, including 4-of-6 from behind the arc, and 2-of-4 free throws for a team-leading 18 points.
- Jacquelyn Schwark finished with 10 points and game-high eight rebounds.
- Olivet will end its season next Saturday with a pair of road contests. On Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m., the Comets play Kalamazoo College and on Saturday afternoon at 3 p.m., they face Saint Mary's (Ind.) College.