ALBION, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team started Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) play with an 81-68 loss at Albion College tonight inside Kresge Gymnasium in Albion.
Final Score: Albion 81, Olivet 68
Location: Kresge Gymnasium; Albion, Mich.
Records: Albion 5-1 overall, 1-0 MIAA; Olivet 3-2 overall, 0-1 MIAA
- The first eight minutes of the opening quarter were back-and-forth, as neither team led by more than three points. Trailing 15-14, the Britons scored the final seven points of the quarter to go ahead 21-15.
- In the second quarter, the Comets closed the margin to two points twice. Following the last time at 24-22, Albion went on an 8-0 run to take its first double digit lead of the game. Olivet was able to get its deficit down to single digits two more times before the Britons used a three-pointer to take an 11-point lead, 39-28, at halftime.
- Albion extended its lead to as many as 17 points, 47-30, in the third quarter. The Comets were able to make it a seven-point game twice in the fourth quarter.
- Senior Breauna Rivoli-Johnson led all players with 42 points on 14-of-23 shooting from the floor, including six three-pointers, and 8-of-10 free throws.
- Senior Shawnee Dame grabbed a team-high five rebounds.
- All five Albion starters reached double figures in the scoring column.
- Jami Hubbard led the way with 18 points, followed by Emily Bernas and Evelyn Wsichmeyer with 16 and 14, respectively.
- Rain Hinton added 13, and Sam Carter had 11.
- Bernas, Hinton and Hubbard each pulled down seven rebounds.
- Rivoli-Johnson's 42 points are the second-most points in school history for a game. The record is 43 points by Stefanie Lang vs. Kenyon (Ohio) College on Nov. 15, 2013.
- Rivoli-Johnson's 14 field goals made are tied for second-most and the 23 field goal attempts are tied for fourth-most.
- Olivet hosts Hope College Saturday at 3 p.m.