OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team lost 86-48 to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival and nationally-ranked Hope College this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet. The Flying Dutch entered the game ranked No. 2 in this week's D3hoops.com Top 25 poll.
Final Score: Hope 86, Olivet 48
Location: Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Hope 5-0 overall, 2-0 MIAA; Olivet 3-3 overall, 0-2 MIAA
- The Flying Dutch's five-point lead at the end of the first quarter matched their largest lead of the game.
- After the Comets scored the first basket of the second quarter, a three-pointer by junior Tammy Lee, Hope went on a 17-0 run over the next six minutes to gain a 33-14 advantage. A basket in the final seconds of the quarter by senior Shawnee Dame kept the Flying Dutch lead at 19 points, 37-18, at halftime.
- Hope outscored Olivet 49-30, 20-14 in the third quarter and 29-16 in the fourth quarter, for the 38-point margin of victory.
- Senior Breauna Rivoli-Johnson paced Olivet with 18 points, including 12 in the fourth quarter.
- Dame ended the game with 13 points.
- Francesca Buchanan posted a double-double with game-highs in points (19) and rebounds (19). Eleven of her rebounds were off the offensive glass.
- Lauren Newman chipped-in with 14 points.
- Kenedy Schoonveld contributed 12 points.
- Olivet is off next week for fall semester final examinations and returns to the court Saturday, Dec. 8, when it hosts Alma College. Tip-off is at 3 p.m.