MARSHALL, Mich. – The Olivet College women's golf team placed fourth at the first Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Jamboree of the 2018 season, held today at The Medalist Golf Club in Marshall.
Location: The Medalist Golf Club; Marshall, Mich.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,834 yards
- The Comets posted a 349 team score, which was just three strokes behind third-place Albion College and four strokes ahead of fifth-place Alma College.
- Saint Mary's (Ind.) College was on top of the leaderboard with a 326. Hope College finished second with a 332.
- Abby Meder from Hope was the individual medalist with a two-over par 74.
- Junior Nicole Deweyert shared fifth-place in the player standings with an 80.
- Freshman Erin Taylor carded an 84.
- Junior Taylor Elley was next at 87.
- Sophomore Crystal Lettinga returned to the club house with a 98.
- Freshman Logan McLane shot a 99.
- Olivet's 349 team score was a season-best.
- Deweyert and Taylor both had a season-low round score.
- The Comets compete at the 2018 Illinois Wesleyan University Fall Invitational Saturday and Sunday at the Ironwood Golf Course in Normal, Illinois.