ALBION, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team fell to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Albion College, 4-1, this afternoon at Alumni Field and inside the Davis Athletic Complex in Albion.
Final Score: Albion 4, Olivet 1
Location: Alumni Field; Albion, Mich.
Records: Albion 3-4-1 overall, 2-4-0 MIAA; Olivet 5-3-1 overall, 3-2-1 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Britons led 3-0 at halftime behind goals in the 25th, 32nd and 38th minutes by three different players.
- Olivet's best chance to score in the first half came in the 26th minute when junior Isabelle Leon's shot hit the post, and freshman Ashley Romanowski's shot off the rebound sailed high. Junior Emily Reinecke's shot in the 27th minute was saved by the Albion keeper.
- Albion stretched its lead to 4-0 when Domenique Sarnecky made a penalty kick goal in the 49th minute.
- The Comets broke up the shutout in the 62nd minute after Leon scored her team-leading ninth goal of the season.
FOR THE COMETS
- Leon had four of Olivet's 13 total shots.
- Reinecke and Romanowski each recorded three shots.
- Freshman keeper Brooklyn Burel allowed the four goals and made five saves.
FOR THE BRITONS
- Sarnecky as well as Alex Radzville, Riley Burnette and Haley Kennedy scored the goals. Burnette and Sarnecky each had an assist.
- Saranecky took six of the 19 Briton shots.
- Maggie Troost collected two saves in the complete game performance in goal.
- The Comets return to the field next Wednesday, Sept. 28, with a 4 p.m. home contest against Calvin College.