ANGOLA, Ind. – The Olivet College volleyball team lost a three-set Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) match to Trine (Ind.) University tonight at Hershey Hall in Angola, Indiana.
Final Score: Trine def. Olivet 26-24, 27-25, 25-15
Location: Hershey Hall; Angola, Ind.
Records: Olivet 9-6 overall, 1-1 MIAA; Trine 8-7 overall, 1-1 MIAA
- Neither team led by more than two points in the first set. The Comets used a 5-0 run to turn a 7-7 tie into a 12-7 lead. Olivet stretched its lead to as many as six points, 18-12. The Thunder chipped away at their deficit and eventually leveled the score at 22-22. The Comets scored the next point before Trine answered with two straight points to take a 24-23 lead. Olivet evened the score at 24-24. The Thunder won the set by scoring the final two points.
- In the second set, Trine built a six-point advantage, 13-7. The Comets battled back to take a 23-22 lead. The teams traded points to create three tied scores at 23-23, 24-24 and 25-25. Two Thunder points gave them the set .
- With the exception of a 1-1 tie, Trine had the lead for the entire third set.
- Junior Morgan Champion paced Olivet with 10 kills.
- Junior Brittney Prince was next with nine kills.
- Junior Madelyn Notenbaum recorded 20 set assists to go along with 13 digs and three blocks.
- Sophomore Laken Groll served four of the seven Comet aces.
- Junior Gabrielle Mundt led all plyers with 23 digs.
- Shannon Scott, Morgan Harris, Kendra Nicley and Madison Munger each had eight kills.
- Alexa Ratkowski dished out 18 set assists, followed by Raven Hood with 14.
- Nicley topped the team with 14 digs.
- Olivet hosts MIAA rival Albion College next Wednesday, Sept. 26. First serve at The Cutler Event Center is at 6:30 p.m.