OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College volleyball team was swept by Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Albion College in three sets tonight at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Albion def. Olivet 25-21, 25-19, 25-18
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 9-7 overall, 1-2 MIAA; Albion 10-5 overall, 3-0 MIAA
- The Britons used two kills and a Comet attack error to take a 3-0 lead in the first set. Olivet fought back to even the score at 10-10. Albion scored eight of the next points to take control of the set. The closest the Comets would get for the rest of the set was 24-21. A Briton kill ended the set.
- To start the second set, both teams had a pair of 2-0 scoring runs to cause a 4-4 tie. Albion scored the next point before two Olivet points put the Comets ahead for the first time 6-5. The Britons responded with a 5-0 scoring spurt to take a 10-6 lead. Albion did not give up the advantage for the remainder of the set.
- Olivet scored the first three points of the third set. The Britons battled back to take their largest lead of the set, 13-9. The Comets put five of the next six points on the scoreboard to level the score at 14-14. Six consecutive Albion points made the score 20-14. Olivet was not able to recover from that deficit.
- Junior Morgan Champion topped the team with 10 kills, while juniors Madelyn Notenbaum and Brittney Prince each had seven.
- Notenbaum had a team-leading 17 set assists.
- Freshman Abigail Pray posted a double-double with 11 assists and 10 digs.
- Junior Gabrielle Mundt tallied a team-high 14 digs.
- Marie Pregenzer slammed down a match-high 13 kills.
- Taylor Rosenthal and Kelsey Gustafson had 11 and 10 kills, respectively.
- Grace VanDorn registered a match-best 38 set assists.
- Monica Shuk collected 15 digs.
- Olivet travels to Washington, D.C., for four matches this Friday and Saturday at the Gallaudet University Worthington Classic.