OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College baseball team stepped away from Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) play for the afternoon and was shutout by Bluffton (Ohio) University, 5-1, at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Scores: Bluffton 5, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Bluffton 13-12 overall, Olivet 3-21 overall
- The Beavers took advantage of two Comet errors to score four unearned runs in the third inning.
- Bluffton manufactured its final run in the ninth inning on a double, sacrifice bunt and RBI-single.
- Olivet had only one runner reach third base in the game.
- Olivet tallied just four hits, all singles.
- Sophomore Logan Sella had two hits.
- Sophomore Bruce Allen walked twice in his three plate appearances.
- On the mound, junior Zac Walter threw all nine innings. He gave up eight hits, walked nobody and struck out three batters, while throwing 94 pitches (73 for strikes).
- Lenny Winiarski went 3-for-4, with a double and RBI.
- Colin Gregory hit a two-run double.
- Parker Reynolds had two hits, including a double.
- Cam Clark picked-up the pitching win after allowing three hits and two walks over the first seven innings. He recorded five strikeouts.
- Tommy Siemer pitched the final two innings in relief.
- Olivet resumes league play Saturday when it hosts Trine (Ind.) University for a doubleheader, starting at 1 p.m.