KENOSHA, Wis. – The Olivet College men's basketball team dropped a 103-68 decision to the host Big Red in the first day of the Carthage (Wis.) College Classic at Tarble Arena in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Final Score: Carthage 103, Olivet 68
Location: Tarble Arena; Kenosha, Wis.
Records: Carthage 1-0 overall, Olivet 0-2 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Big Red raced out to a 12-point lead, 20-8, in the first seven minutes and 20 seconds of the game.
- The Comets used an 8-2 run to cut their deficit in half, 22-16, at the midpoint of the first half.
- Carthage responded with a 15-0 scoring spurt over the next six minutes to push its lead to 21 points, 37-16.
- The closest Olivet would get for the rest of the game would be 20 points twice in the early stages of the second half.
FOR THE COMETS
- Senior Eric Ewing scored a team-high 22 points on 8-of-7 shooting, with three baskets from behind the arc, and 3-of-3 free throws.
- Junior P.J. Trammell joined him in double figures with 10 points.
- Senior R.J. Haas grabbed a team-best six rebounds.
FOR THE BIG RED
- Drew Joiner provided a spark off the bench with a game-high 24 points.
- Four starters scored in double figures led by Jordan Thomas' 19 points. The others were Mike Stevenson, 18; Brad Kruse, 16; and Brad Perry, 11.
- Perry also pulled down a game-best eight rebounds.
- Olivet plays Robert Morris University-Peoria (Ill.) University tomorrow at 5 p.m.