DUBUQUE, Iowa – The Olivet College men's basketball team lost to the host Duhawks, 105-88, this evening in the second day of the Loras College Tip-Off Classic and played on Lillis Court in Dubuque, Iowa.
Final Score: Loras 105, Olivet 88
Location: Lillis Court; Dubuque, Iowa
Records: Loras 3-0 overall, Olivet 1-1 overall
- The Duhawks made their first three shots from behind the arc to go ahead 9-3. Loras took its first double digit lead, 25-15, at the 11:51 mark of the opening half. The Comets countered with a 4-0 run to trim their deficit down to six points before the Duhawks pushed their lead to 14 points, 35-21. Olivet was able to close the gap to eight points on two more occasions, with the last time being 39-31. Loras led 46-35 at halftime.
- The Duhawks stretched their lead to 15 points, 61-46, at the 15:41 mark of the second half. The Comets cut their deficit down to seven points on three occasions. Olivet did not get any closer for the rest of the game.
- Senior Dee Roberts paced Olivet with 22 points.
- Senior Tracy Edmond added 14 points and eight assists.
- Junior Trevor Manuel finished with 13 points.
- Senior Diangelo Carlton contributed 10 points.
- Carlton, Manuel and Roberts each grabbed six rebounds.
- Josh Ruggles posted game-highs in points (34) and rebounds (seven).
- Ryan DiCanio scored 20 points.
- Rowan McGowen and Jake Toman tallied 14 and 12 points, respectively.
- Desmond George contributed nine assists.
- Olivet travels to Lincoln, Nebraska, next Friday and Saturday, Nov. 23-24, to participate in the Nebraska Wesleyan University Snyder Invitational. The Comets face Greenville (Ill.) University Friday night at 5 p.m. CT/6 p.m. ET, and the host Prairie Wolves on Saturday at 4 p.m. CT/5 p.m. ET.