KENOSHA, Wis. – A 12-3 run late in the first half helped the Olivet College men's basketball team defeat Carthage (Wis.) College in a non-conference contest this evening at Tarble Arena in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Final Score: Olivet 78, Carthage 72
Location: Tarble Arena; Kenosha, Wis.
Records: Carthage 3-3 overall, Olivet 2-3 overall
- Neither team led by more than three points in the first five minutes of the game. The Red Men took a 14-8 lead at the 14:26 mark. The Comets responded with a 7-0 run to take a 15-14 lead. The teams traded baskets to create an 18-18 tie with 7:25 left before halftime. Olivet then went on a 12-3 run to gain its largest lead of the game, 30-21, at the 4:04 mark. Carthage fought back with a 14-7 spurt to trim its deficit to two points before two Comet three-pointers made the score 43-35 at halftime.
- Olivet held the lead for the entire second half. The closest the Red Men would get was five points with 26.6 seconds left in the game.
- For the game, Olivet made 30 total baskets, including 11 from behind the arc, and 7-of-10 free throws. The Comets out-rebounded the Red Men, 45-24.
- Junior Trevor Manuel finished with a team-high 19 points, nine rebounds and two blocks.
- Senior Tracy Edmond had 17 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
- Senior Dee Roberts scored 12 points, including 10 in the first half.
- Kienan Baltimore led all players with 22 points.
- Preston Laketa had 17 points.
- Jordon Kedrowski scored 13 points.
- Sean Johnson pulled down a team-high eight rebounds.
- Olivet is idle until Saturday, Dec. 8, when it travels to play Wheaton (Ill.) College. Tip-off at King Arena is 8 p.m. EST.