OLIVET, Mich. – After playing six straight road games to start the season, the Olivet College men's basketball team hosted Thomas More (Ky.) University in its home-opener today at the Cutler Event Center in Olivet. The Comets committed only seven turnovers while forcing 18 to beat the Saints, 84-44.
Final Score: Olivet 84, Thomas More 44
Location: Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Thomas More 6-5 overall, Olivet 3-4 overall
- Olivet led by just five points, 21-16, at the mid-point of the opening half. The Comets out-scored the Saints, 20-5, over the final 10 minutes of the half to lead by 20 points, 41-21, at the intermission.
- In the second half, Thomas More trimmed their deficit down to 18 points, 48-30, at the 14:48 mark. The Saints would not get any closer for the remainder of the game. Olivet's largest lead in the game was 41 points in the final minute of the game.
- For the game, Olivet shot 53.3 percent (32-of-60) from the floor compared to 31.1 percent (14-of-45) for the Saints. The Comets also made five more three-pointers, 10-5. Thomas More drained 11 free throws to 10 for Olivet.
- Junior Trevor Manuel posted a double-double with a game-high 21 points and 14 rebounds.
- Senior Tracy Edmond contributed 14 points and five assists.
- Senior Dee Roberts finished with 13 points.
- Senior Chase Brocker chipped-in 11 points.
- Ryne Callahan was the lone player in double figures with 11 points.
- Ralph Stone had eight points.
- Antonio McKinney grabbed a team-high five rebounds.
- Olivet travels to play Ferris State University next Monday, Dec. 17, at 7 p.m.