KALAMAZOO, Mich. – All five starters scored in double figures, as the Olivet College men's basketball team easily defeated Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Kalamazoo College, 74-49, tonight at the Anderson Athletic Center in Kalamazoo.
Final Score: Olivet 74, Kalamazoo 49
Location: Anderson Athletic Center; Kalamazoo, Mich.
Records: Kalamazoo 3-11 overall, 0-3 MIAA; Olivet 6-8 overall, 2-1 MIAA
- In the first half, the Hornets led by four points, 8-4, at the 16:45 mark. Over the next 2:35, the Comets answered with seven straight points to go up by three points, 11-8. Kalamazoo came back with a 4-0 run for a 12-11 lead.
- Olivet took the lead back on a dunk by junior Trevor Manuel. The Comets did not trail for the rest of the opening, leading by as many as 11 points at the 1:25 mark. Olivet settled for a 10-point lead, 36-26, at the intermission.
- The Hornets closed the gap to four points after making back-to-back three-pointers to start the second half. The Comets responded with an 11-1 run to push their lead back to double figures. Olivet's largest lead in the second half was the 25-point margin of victory.
- All five Olivet starters reached double figures in the scoring column.
- Manuel and senior John McAdoo shared game-high honors with 15 points apiece.
- Seniors Tracy Edmond and Dee Roberts each scored 12 points.
- Senior Colin Jones contributed 11 points.
- Manuel pulled down 17 rebounds, as the Comets out-rebounded the Hornets, 43-28.
- Edmond dished out eight assists.
- Jeremiah Vincent posted a team-leading 11 points and seven rebounds.
- Ben Reiter added 10 points.
- After playing 13 of their first 14 games on the road, the Comets will play six of their next seven games at home inside the confines of the Cutler Event Center in Olivet. The first of those games is Saturday when they host Alma College at 7 p.m.