OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's basketball team erased an 11-point deficit in the first half to rally past Adrian College, 75-54, in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) contest tonight at the Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 75, Adrian 54
Location: Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Adrian 3-13 overall, 0-5 MIAA; Olivet 8-8 overall, 4-1 MIAA
- The Bulldogs built an 11-point three times in the first half. After the last time, 24-13, the Comets out-scored the Bulldogs 25-5 over the final 5:35 of the half to lead by nine points, 38-29, at the break. During that run, Olivet had a stretch of 17 straight points on 8-of-8 shooting. Two of the baskets were slam dunks by junior Trevor Manuel and a third basket was a three-pointer by senior Colin Jones.
- In the second half, the Comets stretched their lead 15 points, 51-36. A 7-1 Bulldog run cut their deficit down to nine points. Olivet scored the next basket and its lead would stay double digits for the remainder of the game. The 21-point margin of victory was the Comets' biggest advantage.
- Olivet continued its impressive shooting, as it made 31-of-54 baskets (31-of-54).
- Manuel finished the game with 25 points on 10-of-13 shooting. He also grabbed nine rebounds and blocked four shots.
- Senior Tracy Edmond also scored 25 points on 12-of-16 shooting and recorded seven assists.
- Jones scored 11 points, pulled down seven rebounds, blocked four shots and made three steals.
- Jeremy Kalonji led all scorers with 26 points. He grabbed a team-best seven rebounds.
- Jordan Harris scored 12 points and dished out five assists.
- For the fourth straight game, Olivet had a field goal percentage greater than 50 percent.
- In another MIAA contest tonight, Albion College lost to Trine (Ind.) University, 79-71. With that loss, the Britons drop into a three-way tie for first-place in the league standings with the Comets and Trine.
- The Comets welcome Hope College to the Cutler Event Center for a 7 p.m. game Saturday night. The game is a part of another basketball doubleheader, as the Olivet women face Albion College before the men's game.