ADRIAN, Mich. – The Olivet College men's basketball team was defeated by Adrian College, 83-60, in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) contest today at the Merillat Sport & Fitness Center in Adrian.
Final Score: Adrian 83, Olivet 60
Location: Merillat Sport & Fitness Center; Adrian, Mich.
Records: Adrian 4-19 overall, 1-11 MIAA; Olivet 11-12 overall, 7-5 MIAA
- The Comets raced out to a 12-2 lead in the first five minutes of the game. The Bulldogs responded with a 17-2 run over the next five minutes and 27 seconds to go ahead 19-14. Olivet scored the next five points to even the score at 19-19. Adrian netted 10 straight points for a 29-19 advantage with 5:54 left until halftime. The Bulldogs extended the cushion and led by 17 points, 40-23, at the break.
- Adrian outscored the Comets, 43-37, in the second half to secure its first MIAA win of the season and snap an 18-game losing streak.
- Junior Keyon Rainey scored a team-best 15 points.
- Senior Colin Jones joined him in double figures with 13 points but committed seven turnovers.
- Junior Trevor Manuel grabbed a team-leading nine rebounds.
- Three Adrian starters scored more than 20 points.
- Jordan Harris led the way with 27 points.
- Jeremy Kalonji was next with 23 points.
- Sam Colbert contributed 22 points.
- Ke'Shaun Wyatt-Morris pulled down a game-high 10 rebounds.
- The Comets face Hope College next Wednesday, Feb. 13. Tip-off at the DeVos Fieldhouse in Holland is set for 7:30 p.m.