HOLLAND, Mich. – The Olivet College men's basketball team was on the losing end of a 107-78 final score to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Hope College tonight at the DeVos Fieldhouse in Holland.
Final Score: Hope 107, Olivet 78
Location: DeVos Fieldhouse; Holland, Mich.
Records: Hope 15-9 overall, 8-5 MIAA; Olivet 11-13 overall, 7-6 MIAA
- The Comets led 4-3 at the 18:17 mark of the opening half. The Flying Dutchmen drained a three-pointer to go ahead, 6-4. Hope did not surrender the lead for the rest of the game. The Flying Dutchmen led by 19 points, 55-36, at halftime.
- In the second half, Olivet cut its deficit down to 11 points, 71-60, at the 10:27 mark. The Comets did not get any closer for the rest of the game, as Hope's 29-point margin of victory was its largest lead of the game.
- Senior Tracy Edmond led all scorers with 29 points on 11-of-17 shooting. He also dished out six assists.
- Junior Trevor Manuel scored 24 points and had a team-best four rebounds and five blocks.
- Senior John McAdoo joined them in double figures with 12 points.
- For the game, Hope made 33 total baskets, including 18 from behind the three-point arc, and 23 free throws.
- Jason Beckman tallied 28 points.
- Riley Lewis came off the bench to score 23 points and record eight assists.
- Teddy Ray added 20 points.
- Preston Granger posted a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
- The Comets end their regular season Saturday when they host Calvin College at 7 p.m.