KALAMAZOO, Mich. – The Olivet College men's golf team placed seventh at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Jamboree #4, played at the Kalamazoo Country Club.
Location: Kalamazoo Country Club; Kalamazoo, Mich.
Par / Yardage: 71 / 6,506 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets posted a 336 team score to finish 13 strokes ahead of eighth-place Alma College. Calvin College edged Hope College for the team title by one stroke, 299-300.
- Sam Holland from Calvin was the medalist with a two-under par 69.
FOR THE COMETS
- Freshman Nicholas Hoffman paced Olivet with a 76.
- Freshman Zach Dowling shot an 84.
- Senior Tanor Blowers completed his round in 86 strokes.
- Freshman Jake Andrews rounded out the Comet lineup with a 90.
- Entering the final two rounds, Calvin leads Hope by 10 strokes, 1162-1172. Olivet sits in seventh-place with 1,276 total strokes.
- The Comets are off until the MIAA Fall Finale Tournament next Friday and Saturday, Oct. 13-14, at the Battle Creek Country Club.