WYOMING, Mich. – The Olivet College men's golf team sits in seventh-place after the first round of the 2018 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Fall Finale. Hope College is hosting the two-day, 36-hole tournament at the L.E. Kaufman Golf Course in Wyoming, Michigan.
Location: L.E. Kaufman Golf Course; Wyoming, Mich.
Par / Yardage: 70 / 6,355 yards
- The Comets posted a team score of 326 strokes to finish 15 strokes ahead of eighth-place Alma College.
- Hope sits on top of the team leaderboard with a 284. Kalamazoo College is a stroke behind at 285, followed by Calvin College in third at 288.
- Calvin's Andrew Lack is the individual leader with a 68.
- Sophomore Nicholas Hoffman carded a 77.
- Sophomore Cameron Lemon finished his round in 80 strokes.
- Senior Joey Richmond is a stroke behind at 81.
- Freshman Mason Evans was next at 88.
- Freshman Jacob Wester tallied an 89.
- Tomorrow's second round features a 10 a.m. shotgun start. Note, the start time was pushed back one hour due to expected frost.