OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's lacrosse team jumped out to a 6-0 lead and defeated Augustana (Ill.) College, 14-10, today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 14, Augustana 10
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 1-3 overall, Augustana 2-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets scored the first six goals of the game.
- The Vikings got on the scoreboard for the first time with one minute left in the opening quarter.
- Augustana netted the first two goals of the second quarter to trim its deficit down to three, 6-3.
- Olivet put the last three goals on the scoreboard in second stanza for a 9-3 halftime lead.
- The Comets increased their lead to 13-3 with four goals in the first seven and one-half minutes of the third quarter.
- The Vikings scored the last goal of the third quarter and first goal of the last quarter to make the score 13-5.
- After Olivet made the score 14-5, Augustana scored the final five goals of the game.
FOR THE COMETS
- Freshman Trevor Bailey scored four goals and added an assist for five points to lead the Comets.
- Senior Nino Minaudo also had five points on two goals and three assists.
- Senior Logan Krieger, and sophomores Bryce Drew and Zach Sanders each scored two goals.
- Senior Charlie Haesler recorded a team-leading nine ground balls.
- Senior Drew Radners earned the win between the pipes, as he collected 10 saves while facing 20 shots.
FOR THE VIKINGS
- Nick Gallo had a team-best eight points on seven goals and one assist.
- Lee Whorwell finished with two goals, and Sam Daly had two assists.
- Jeremiah Heredia made nine saves.
- Olivet travels to New Concord, Ohio, next Saturday, March 18, to play Muskingum University. Game time is 7 p.m.