OBERLIN, Ohio – The Olivet College men's lacrosse team suffered an 18-3 loss to Oberlin (Ohio) College today at Austin E. Knowlton Athletics Complex and on Dick Bailey Field in Oberlin, Ohio.
Final Score: Oberlin 18, Olivet 3
Location: Knowlton Athletics Complex; Oberlin, Ohio
Records: Olivet 0-3 overall, Oberlin 2-0 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Yeomen scored the first two goals of the game. Senior Cameron Bazin cut the Comet deficit in half with an unassisted tally at the 10:15 mark. Oberlin tallied the next 14 goals – two more in the first quarter, seven in the second quarter and five in the third quarter – for a 16-1 lead to start the fourth quarter.
- Both teams scored twice in the final quarter to create the 18-3 final score.
FOR THE COMETS
- Bazin scored Olivet's three goals. He also finished with a game-high 18 shots, including 11 on-goal.
- Freshman Casey Petersen was next with five shots.
- Freshman Connor Hamm recorded a team-leading five ground balls.
- Freshman Jake Steele made 11 saves, while playing all 60 minutes in goal.
FOR THE YEOMEN
- Jay Messina topped Oberlin with three goals and one assist for four points.
- Tom Decker, Steve Kelleher and Reese Koburuv each had two goals.
- Max McAllister recorded a game-high 12 ground balls.
- Three goalies combined to play the 60 minutes. Calvin Filson played the most minutes with 37:41 to pick-up the victory. He had six saves.
- Olivet travels to play Augustana (Ill.) College next Saturday, March 10, at 1 p.m. ET.