OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's lacrosse team held a 5-3 lead before Kalamazoo College scored five unanswered goals to end the game and beat the Comets, 8-5, this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Kalamazoo 8, Olivet 5
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 1-9 overall, 1-2 MIAA; Kalamazoo 2-6 overall, 2-1 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The only goal in the first quarter was scored by Comet freshman Kobe Robinson.
- Senior Cameron Bazin netted a goal after receiving a pass from freshman Casey Petersen at the 13:02 mark of the second quarter.
- The Hornets scored their first goal before sophomore Justin Lamb scored off a feed from Bazin to make the score 3-1 with 10:18 left in the second quarter.
- Kalamazoo responded with a goal but Olivet re-gained its two-goal lead when Lamb assisted on Petersen's goal.
- The Hornets tallied the last goal of the second stanza to trail by only one, 4-3, at halftime.
- Just 17 seconds into the third quarter, Bazin scored off a pass from Petersen.
- Kalamazoo ended the game by scoring the five unanswered goals, four in the third period and one in the fourth quarter.
FOR THE COMETS
- Bazin topped Olivet with three points on two goals and one assist, as well as 17 shots.
- Petersen also had three points (one goal and two assists).
- Freshman Connor Hamm finished with a team-best four caused turnovers.
- Hamm and senior Cullen Haesler each registered seven ground balls.
- Freshman Jake Steele made 15 saves in the cage.
FOR THE HORNETS
- Brandon Wright tallied three goals and an assist for a game-best four points.
- Jack Smith had three points on two goals and one assist.
- Zach Morales gathered in 10 ground balls and caused four turnovers.
- Tim Grobosky collected 11 saves in the cage.
- Olivet is on the road Wednesday, April 18, to play MIAA-rival Albion College at 7 p.m.