ADA, Ohio – The Olivet College men's soccer team came up short against Ohio Northern University, 6-0, this evening under the lights at Kerscher Stadium in Ada, Ohio.
Final Score: Ohio Northern 6, Olivet 0
Location: Kerscher Stadium; Ada, Ohio
Records: Ohio Northern 3-0 overall, Olivet 0-3 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Polar Bears scored three goals in each half for the 6-0 victory.
- For the game, Olivet was limited to five total shots, placing two on-frame.
FOR THE COMETS
- Sophomore David Magallon had the lone shot-on-goal in the first half.
- In the second half, senior Michael Brait and junior Sam Jones each recorded two shots, and freshman Brevan Bender had one shot.
- Junior Nathan Weeks faced 30 shots and made 11 saves, while playing all 90 minutes in goal.
QUOTE FROM OLIVET HEAD COACH DAN MONTANYE
- "It was obviously a difficult game for us. Ohio Northern is a quality opponent and they are definitely a team to watch this season. A good deal of credit does need to go to our players as well. We continued to play hard throughout the entire game. We kept our composure and continued to improve from the first two games in areas which will be vital to our success later on during the season."
FOR THE POLAR BEARS
- Six different players – Austin Horton, David Janusz, Matt Kinkopf, Patrick Sabol, Joseph Schulte and Adam Subasic – scored a goal. Kinkopf also had two assists for four points.
- Dean McNeil provided the shutout in goal and collected three saves.
- Olivet participates in the Ohio Wesleyan University/adidas® Invitational this Saturday and Sunday. On Friday, the Comets play College of Wooster (Ohio) at noon and on Sunday, they face the host Battling Bishops at 4 p.m.