DELAWARE, Ohio – The Olivet College men's soccer team lost 3-0 to College of Wooster (Ohio) today in the first day of the adidas® Invitational, hosted by Ohio Wesleyan University and played at the Jay Martin Soccer Complex in Delaware, Ohio.
Final Score: Wooster 3, Olivet 0
Location: Jay Martin Soccer Complex; Delaware, Ohio
Records: Wooster 2-1-1 overall, Olivet 0-4 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- There was no score until the 65th minute when Aleksi Pelkonen scored for the Scots.
- Max Rochester then scored two goals in a 94-second span to put Wooster up 3-0. The first goal was a penalty kick.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet had seven shots, including two each for senior Michael Brait and freshman Courtney Skerritt.
- Junior Nathan Weeks faced 26 shots and made eight saves in the complete game performance in the net.
FOR THE SCOTS
- In addition to his two goals, Rochester had five of the Scots' shots.
- Two keepers combined for the shutout in goal.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Today's game was only second meeting between the two schools in a men's soccer contest. The other game was on Sept. 8, 2002.
- Olivet will play the host Battling Bishops tomorrow afternoon in the second day of the tournament. Game time is 4 p.m.