OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team was shutout by Adrian College, 4-0, today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Adrian 4, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Adrian 6-4 overall, 4-2 MIAA; Olivet 2-9-1 overall, 2-3-1 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Bulldogs scored two goals in each half.
- Senior Michael Brait and junior Sam Jones each had a shot saved early in the game by the Adrian keeper.
- A short time later, freshman Courtney Skerritt had his first shot blocked by a defender. His shot on the rebound was stopped by the keeper.
- Olivet had three more shots in the first half saved by the keeper.
- The Comets did not have any more quality scoring chances until the 64th minute when a blast by sophomore Denver Bonkowski at the top of the box was stopped by the keeper.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet recorded 11 shots in the game.
- Senior Gregory Petty led the way with three shots, while Brait, Skerritt and sophomore David Magallon each had two.
- Junior Nathan Weeks collected six saves in minutes of action in the goal.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Zach Combs, Brandon Katona and Dayton Rush scored the Adrian goals. The fourth goal went in the net off an Olivet player for an own goal.
- Tad Davis had six of the 27 Bulldog shots.
- In the net, Spencer Brown made eight saves.
- The Comets host Hope College to wrap-up the first round of Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play next Wednesday, Oct. 5, at 4 p.m.