ALBION, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team lost 3-0 to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association rival Albion College tonight under the lights at Alumni Field and inside the Davis Athletic Complex in Albion.
Final Score: Albion 3, Olivet 0
Location: Alumni Field; Albion, Mich.
Records: Albion 7-6 overall, 6-3 MIAA; Olivet 3-11-1 overall, 3-5-1 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- There was no scoring in the first half. Olivet's best opportunity to score in the opening half came in the 16th minute when sophomore David Magallon's shot was saved by the Briton keeper.
- The Comets had another strong scoring chance in the 20th minute of the second half, as sophomore Matt Henderson's shot sailed high of the net.
- Albion dented the scoreboard in the first time in the 70th minute.
- Senior Gregory Petty took a shot in the 82nd minute, which was stopped by the keeper.
- Senior Michael Brait had his saved by the Briton backline with 27 seconds left.
- Albion netted its final two goals in the last four minutes and 45 seconds of the game.
FOR THE COMETS
- Petty finished the game with two of Olivet's five total shots.
- Junior Nathan Weeks was in net for the entire game, and made four saves.
FOR THE BRITONS
- Andrew Prince had a goal and an assist for Albion.
- Kyle Boulier and Erik Vanfossen each had a goal.
- Bobby Budlong recorded a team-best five shots.
- Justin Kraft collected two saves in goal.
- The Comets make the trip to play Alma College Saturday afternoon at 2:30 p.m.