WHITEWATER, Wis. – The Olivet College men's soccer team suffered a 3-0 loss to University of Wis.-Whitewater today at Fiskum Field in Whitewater, Wisconsin.
Final Score: Wis.-Whitewater 3, Olivet 0
Location: Fiskum Field; Whitewater, Wis.
Records: Wis.-Whitewater 2-1 overall, Olivet 1-2 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- There was no scoring in the first half despite both teams have several good opportunities.
- The Warhawks got on the scoreboard in the 49th minute when Kevin Mesich found the back of the net.
- Wis.-Whitewater scored twice in a three minute and 12 second span to go up 3-0.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet recorded eight shots in the game.
- Senior Evan Shirkey, junior David Magallon and sophomore Courtney Skerritt had two shots apiece.
- Freshman Brendan Morse was the keeper for all 90 minutes and tallied five saves.
FOR THE WARHAWKS
- Wis.-Whitewater collected 15 shots, with three different players each scoring a goal.
- Peter Raymonds and Steven Wright both finished with three shots, including a pair on-goal.
- Chris Lucarato and Toney Anderson split time in goal. Lucarato started and played the first 61:28 and made on save. Anderson played the final 28:32 and had one save.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Olivet head coach Dan Montanye earned his bachelor's degree from Wis.-Whitewater in 2011.
- The Comets co-host a tournament with Adrian College on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, Olivet faces Marietta (Ohio) College at 2:30 p.m., and on Sunday, University of Mich.-Dearborn visits the Cutler Athletic Complex for a 4 p.m. contest. Adrian hosts Mich.-Dearborn on Saturday and Marietta on Sunday.