OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team closed out the non-conference portion of its 2017 schedule with a 3-1 loss to University of Michigan-Dearborn this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Michigan-Dearborn 3, Olivet 1
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Michigan-Dearborn 3-1 overall, Olivet 1-4 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Wolverines scored a pair of goals in the first half to hold a 2-0 lead at the break. Freshman Joshua Rosendale had a couple good scoring opportunities for the Comets in the opening half.
- Olivet got on the scoreboard two minutes and 27 seconds into the second half. Freshman Reece Burton put the ball into the net after receiving a pass from freshman Anthony Pena.
- Michigan-Dearborn regained a two-goal advantage in the 61st minute when Mike Smith scored his second goal of the game.
FOR THE COMETS
- Despite the loss, Olivet had a 15-9 advantage in shots.
- Junior David Magallon recorded a team-best four shots, while Rosendale had three.
- Freshman Justin Lavin suffered the loss in goal. He played all 90 minutes and tallied four saves.
FOR THE WOLVERINES
- Smith had two goals on two shots.
- Seven other players each took one shot.
- Steven Mezuk picked-up the win in net, making eight saves.
- Olivet opens Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play Wednesday night when it plays a 7 p.m. game at Adrian College.