ALBION, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team tied Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Albion College, 1-1, in double overtime today on Alumni Field and inside the Davis Athletic Complex in Albion.
Final Score: Albion 1, Olivet 1 (2OT)
Location: Alumni Field; Albion, Mich.
Records: Albion 5-7-4 overall, 2-7-3 MIAA; Olivet 1-11-5 overall, 0-7-5 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Britons took a 1-0 lead at the 29:53 mark.
- Twenty-nine seconds later, the Comets caused a 1-1 deadlock when senior Evan Shirkey scored off a pass from junior David Magallon.
- There was no more scoring to keep the score 1-1 at halftime.
- Albion had an 11-6 advantage in shots during the second half, while Olivet had an 8-2 edge in the overtime periods.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet recorded 18 total shots in the game.
- Freshman Joshua Rosendale topped the team with four shots, while junior Alistair Law had three.
- Freshman Justin Lavin played all 110 minutes in goal, and made seven saves.
FOR THE BRITONS
- Albion registered 26 shot attempts.
- Dakota Clapper and Aaron Smit tallied five shots apiece.
- Goalkeeper Maximilian Loria collected three saves.
OVERTIME TIMES SIX
- Olivet has played six overtime games this season, with five of the resulting in double overtime draws.
- The six overtime games are the most in school history for a season.
- The last 15 overtime games in school history have been against MIAA opponents.
- Olivet wraps-up its season next week with two home games, beginning Wednesday when MIAA leader Calvin College visits the Cutler Athletic Complex for a 4 p.m. contest.