OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team lost 1-0 to Edgewood (Wis.) College today in its season-opener at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Edgewood 1, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Edgewood 1-0 overall, Olivet 0-1 overall
- The Eagles had two chances to score a goal in the first half but each shot was saved by sophomore goalkeeper Justin Lavin.
- Edgewood broke the scoreless tie in the eighth minute of the second half. The Comets were called for a foul in the box. Sean Surtees found the back of the net on the penalty kick.
- Olivet was held to just two shots in the contest. Senior Alistair Law and sophomore Dustin Lutz each had a shot.
- Lavin played all 90 minutes in between the pipes and collected four saves, while facing 12 total shots.
- Scott Biancofiori and Garrett Lee led the way with three shots apiece.
- Six other players each had one shot.
- Dan Dombrowski provided the clean sheet in goal.
- Today's game marks the second all-time meeting between the two schools. Edgewood also won the previous meeting by a 3-0 score.
- This game was the first of three straight home games to start the season for the Comets.
- Olivet rests tomorrow and returns to the pitch Sunday afternoon with a 3 p.m. home against University of Wis.-Whitewater.